Monday, November 5, 2007

Mac OS X 10.5 Leopard

Well I recently received my ADC copy of Leopard and had absolutely no trouble installing the OS. Of course I did not upgrade from Tiger I installed a fresh copy on my MacBook Pro. The only problems I did have were in porting my mail accounts from Tiger mail to Leopard mail. I was able to import my mailboxes themselves but when I tried to actually import that backed up account file it told me there was an error. Essentially I had to setup the accounts again, but its no big deal.

I still don't know how I feel about the menubar and dock. It will probably grow on me... But eh, who can say which is better or worse. I do like some changes such as the screensaver abilities. The mosaic option is definitely impressive. It basically performs color matching on images from your iPhoto library onto a random image and makes a mosaic that zooms out from another image. Very neat. There are a lot of other things I enjoy about it do. Standardized layout between applications for one. That's a nice plus.

No comments: